Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Protection Bubble, An Energy Creating Exercise/Ritual


This is a fairly simple exercise or ritual I do to keep negative energy away. I do this everyday, usually in the morning when I light my spirit candle on my morning altar. I also believe that this is a good exercise to strengthen shielding.

First, I assume a comfortable position, light my spirit candle and desired incense, and clear my mind. Once I have reached the desired state, I imagine a bubble around myself. I then imagine positive energy emanating around my bubble. I see this as white light; others may imagine something completely different. I then chant "Positive in. Negative out." I increase intent as I chant until it becomes a firm demand. As I do this, I visualize white light continuing to enter the bubble. At the same time I imagine little, spiky black balls, which represents negative energy, being forced out. I continue the exercise until I feel a sort of cleansing or the protection that I am seeking. I then expand the bubble to include my home and my family, repeating the exercise.

If I have a friend, or myself, who needs healing or protection energies - I continue the ritual. This time I imagine a bubble around the person and I chant whatever energies they need. If it is healing energies, I visualize blue energy (once again others may imagine something completely different) washing over the person inside the bubble. When it’s been for myself, I can physically feel goose bumps starting at the top of my head and ending at my toes. If I am sending protection energies, I visualize green energy wrapping around the bubble of the person it is being sent too. Once again, I continue the exercise chanting the desired energy until I feel that the exercise or ritual is successful.

Once I have finished the exercise, I allow the spirit candle to burn for at least 1 hour.

No comments: